Start Planning for the Metro New York District Assembly
May 8 - 10, 2014!
- Up to 150 rooms are available under our group rate at the Marriott Hanover Hotel. Reserve yours now with our direct link. See all the details below.
- The Thursday evening service will give us a glimpse of answered prayer once we believe in “Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us” (Eph. 3:20)
- A Friday business session will provide information and reports of all that is happening on the Metro New York District. And you’ll be the first to see “our new look”!
- All NMI presidents and mission representatives are invited to a Missionary Luncheon at 1:00 PM after the Friday morning session. It will be at the New Hope Community Church of the Nazarene, just five minutes from the Marriott Hotel. Driving directions will be provided at the assembly. For additional information, you may contact Yelssy Manza, District NMI President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The NMI luncheon will be completed in time for you to attend one of two afternoon workshops which are extremely relevant in our cultural and geographical setting:
- The first workshop will provide an overview and update of the current status on immigration reform in the US. It will also define what is Immigration Law and the authorized practice of providing legal counsel on matters of immigration.
- The second workshop will cover next steps for churches desiring to offer authorized legal immigration services within their community. It will cover details of what is required to organize a legal immigration resource center as a part of the partnership between the Church of the Nazarene and World Relief
- These two workshops will be offered simultaneously with appropriate translation for each session. Ourexpectation is to schedule them from 3:00 – 4:30 PM after the NMI luncheon so that friends an delegates will be able to participate in both agendas.
- An updated menu will be offered at our Friday evening banquet. If the logistics of time and resources do not permit you to attend the 6:00 banquet, make sure you endeavor to attend the evening service at 7:30. Dr. J.K. Warrick will be bringing the evening sermon and a great time of praise and worship will highlight the evening.
- The 10:00 Saturday morning service will allow us share in the ordination of the largest group of ministerial candidates we have on record. Fourteen men and women will take this honored place in ministry as Dr. Warrick leads this time of anointing and celebration.
- Here is all the info you need for hotel and banquet registration:
A special rate of $160 per night is being offered for members and friends of the Metro NY District. This includes up to four adults in a room. In addition, where two adults stay both Thursday and Friday nights, May 8 and May 9, the banquet is FREE! This is a major savings and is a package you will not want to miss.
Remember: If you want two Free Banquet Tickets, you MUST stay in the hotel
for two nights under the Group Package Plan for the Church of the Nazarene.
IMPORTANT : If you stay in the hotel for two nights under the Group Package Plan for the Church of the Nazarene, two Free Banquet Tickets are automatically included. You do NOT have to pay or register for the Banquet.